Like you, we continue to closely follow the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Our priority is the health and safety of our families and our staff, and we are actively monitoring recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local health and government officials. Our program has been updated to allow families to make a choice about what type of program they would like their children to attend.
To that end, we have implemented a number of operational enhancements to support our efforts in combating the spread of COVID-19, including but not limited to:
SMALL GROUP + POD EXPERTISE
Since opening in 2012, Book Nook has mastered the art of small group and pod teaching. Book Nook was created to teach ONLY in a small group setting with a maximum of 5 children. We have become experts in pod, modular, and microschool teaching styles. All classes are built to keep consistency and familiarity.
*Drop-ins or trials will not be permitted but late registration will be allowed.
Our Learning Studios
- Prior to reopening, both studios will get a deep clean by a certified cleaning company to CDC guideline & standards, furthermore, we will also conduct a deep cleaning each week.
- Staff will help maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule (view schedule)
- All HVAC units have been serviced and equipped with HEPA grade air filters. Our UWS location will install CDC approved HEPA air purifiers.
- PPE has been purchased in abundance and will be distributed to all staff.
- Sanitizing stations and CDC school cleaning products have been purchased and installed or available around both studios.
- We have scheduled our classes with a 30 minute allocated time block between each class to sanitize high touchpoint areas such as classroom materials, handles, sink, knobs, table surfaces, benches, classroom tables, and chairs. All classroom material/equipment will be wiped down after each group transition with CDC approved cleaning products.
- Book Nook has always followed a ‘SMALL GROUP” learning environment but to follow safer protocol, we have modified the class sizes to provide additional social distancing.
- All staff members must undergo COVID testing prior to returning to our studios.
- All staff will undergo recorded daily health checks, staff members with any symptoms will be asked to stay at home, seek medical advice and self quarantine if necessary.
- All staff members will attend a mandatory Book Nook safety training before starting in-person classes. The directors will receive a more in-depth training in line with CDC guidelines.
- All staff members will participate in regular hand washing, wearing masks and assist with daily cleaning/sanitizing of our studios.
Our Parents & Caregivers
- All enrolled parents will receive a COVID waiver.
- All enrolled parents will receive a greater in-depth list of Book Nook health & safety procedures.
- Any child entering for classes will partake in a health screening while alongside their parent/caregiver.
- Children will be escorted into their class with our teachers in accordance with our entry procedures.
- Please note - Book Nook is exclusively a drop off program for this year.
2020-2021 School Year Programs
We are excited to announce Book Nook Enrichment will offer additional program offerings for 2020-2021
BOOK NOOK BLENDED LEARNING
Students can join us for a 2 day experience of Book Nook’s literacy program. Choose one in-person instruction paired with a Virtual Book Nook class.